[ANNOUNCE] eCryptfs v0.1-rc12 Release

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Fri Jan 20 07:19:55 MST 2006

eCryptfs version 0.1-rc12 has been posted on the SourceForge site. For
the first time, eCryptfs can be built as a stand-alone kernel module,
without any patches to the kernel or to the keyutil userspace
package. This requires the latest stable mainline kernel (2.6.15).

We are working on compiling binary RPM and DEB files to ease the
installation of eCryptfs. As we are working to get eCryptfs accepted
into the mainline Linux kernel, we will also be working on getting
various GNU/Linux distributions to pick up eCryptfs as separate
installable packages.

Visit http://ecryptfs.sf.net for more info.

Thanks,
Mike (eCryptfs Lead Developer)
                         Michael A. Halcrow

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.