Load Balancing with Postfix [and SpamAssassin]

Lonnie Olson fungus at aros.net
Thu Jan 19 16:17:02 MST 2006

Michael L Torrie wrote:
> As we're constantly reminding our users, E-mail is, and never was
> designed to be, an instant form of communication.  Nor is it intended to
> be reliable, although it will try and try for days.  If you need to get
> in touch with someone urgently, you should use a medium that is designed
> for that, such as a voice call.

I agree completely.  However, this doesn't seem to be the consensus
among those that don't know better.  Both me and my tech support have
fielded a great many of angry complaints when an email is delayed even
by an hour.

We try explaining their error in judgment, but when you provide mail
services for the masses, you can't afford to implement greylisting widely.

--lonnie