Load Balancing with Postfix [and SpamAssassin]

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Wed Jan 18 21:43:10 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 09:21:08PM -0700, Michael Torrie wrote:

> Definitely a layered system is the way to go.

The problem is that some layers may use a lot of resources with little
benefit.  SpamAssassin used to do a great job, but now it's pretty
ineffective, in my opinion (unless you use its inefficient Naive Bayes
implementation).

I've had more success with dspam (alone) over the last month than I ever
would have imagined with SpamAssassin, and my server is handling the
load a ton better.  For the record, over the last month I've been at
99.700% accuracy.

Fortunately dspam is trying to allow you to combine together several
different learning methods (and they're experimenting on additional
ones).

Anyway, there's my rant for the day. :)

--
Andrew McNabb