Simple method to capture HTTP input

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Wed Jan 18 12:57:20 MST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Al Byers wrote:
> wget looks like a great tool for going and getting content if i know the
> address, but can it help me listen on a port for incoming http?

I'm a bit confused about what exactly you're trying to do. What do you
want to do more than this?

nc -l 8081

If at that point I point my web browser to localhost:8081, I get all the
http headers appearing in my terminal, and if I type (say) "Hello", enter,
ctrl-d, then "Hello" appears in my web browser.

(p.s. this is super-trivial to do in just about any modern programming
language. It's about four lines of perl, php, and about a dozen in Java.
The phrase "socket programming" shouldn't scare you away.)

Let me know what more you want than that and we'll see if we can't come up
with a tool to do it :)

 	~ Ross