Jabber and Google News

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:51:44 MST 2006

On 1/18/06, Michael L Torrie <torriem at chem.byu.edu> wrote:
> The significant thing (and maybe I'm wrong) is that Google's jabber
> servers can also act as a gateway to the AIM, MSN, and Yahoo servers (if
> you have accounts there), allowing google talk to be your unified
> messaging service.  Of course any jabber serve that's so set up can do
> that.

It doesn't look like there are any transports enabled on the server
yet, but it's very likely that they'll go that direction some day
soon.  The most reliable of the jabber transports were the ones based
on the Gaim backends.  Google recently hired Sean Egan (the lead
developer of Gaim) so it's easy to suppose they might eventually do
that.