Ndiswrapper distro?

Jared Bellows plug at thebellows.info
Tue Jan 17 08:18:04 MST 2006

Ubuntu 5.10 on a fresh install has the kernel module already installed on
the system. It isn't loaded on boot by default and I doubt you'll find a
distro that does that on a fresh install.  You'll need to install the
ndiswrapper tools in order to install the needed drivers easily. You'll also
need the drivers for your wireless card since there will not be a distro
that has those for licensing reasons.

I've used Ubuntu 5.10 with no problem. I was able to install the ndiswrapper
tools from the CD and get the wireless card up and working without problem.

Jared