Testing Linux skills

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Mon Jan 16 22:09:14 MST 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, bibhor dhungel wrote:
> Although I have done part of setting up email server and small shell scripts
> for my current work I want to get a feel of where I am at in Linux
> administration. And my confidence and has increased more by being a part of
> this user group.

Bibhor,

Do you run Linux on your desktop machines as well? That really helps in
terms of gaining familiarity with Linux and understanding all the commands
and everything. Once you've managed to get a desktop machine up and
running and doing all the things you typically do on a day-to-day basis,
maybe try setting up some other servers just for fun like others have
suggested, maybe a Samba server or a DHCP server for your local network at
home, something like that.

 	~ Ross