Vonage, Broadvoice, Packet8, Utopia + MStar

Troy Wolfe wolfepak at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:34:23 MST 2006

I live down St George way, and so cant comment on Utopia, Never messed
with broadvoice.

I use Charter Cable for Inet, and Packet8 for phone service.   Packet8
has e911 accross the boards now (as does Vonage I think)  When I
signed up Vonage could only get me a local # in Park City, Toolele
(sp) or in the 801 Area Code.  Packet8 could anywhere in the state.

Packet8 has had some service issues, but I am not entirely sure that
has something to do with Charter, as gaim disconnects all services
about 8 times a day.  Packet8 is less expensive than Vonage my total
monthly bill from packet8 is 24.04 (all taxes and surcharges
included.)

Packet8 also has a 200 fee if you cancel in less than a yr or two
depending on what you sign up for, but if you cancel within 2 weeks
you are clear.

Anyone who wants to try P8 I will be happy to send a referal to you,
just email me off list: wolfepakt AT hotmail Dot Com.

On 1/16/06, Steve Meyers <steve-plug at spwiz.com> wrote:
> What are the pros/cons of each?

Troy Wolfe
www.wolfecs.biz