Mysql 2 way replication?

Kimball Larsen kimball at
Fri Jan 13 15:00:37 MST 2006

This has come up in the past, but I've recently taken a fresh
interest.  The last time I looked into 2 way replication with Mysql,
I was told that it basically was a really bad idea.  Now, it appears
that it may not only be a not-so-bad idea, but the fine folks at
Mysql mention some caveats to watch for when setting it up:

However, they don't mention HOW to set it up.  Do you just set up
each note to be both a master and slave and point them the way you need?

Any ideas/tips/pointers/snide remarks would be great.

-- Kimball