*** January PLUG meeting - ECLIPSE ***

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:26:32 MST 2006

On 1/12/06, Ross Werner <ross at agilestudios.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointers. Before I get too deep into this, however, I
> haven't been able to figure out for certain if "Eclipse Plugin using PDE"
> is the correct route to go for a "completely new editor module", or if
> there's an editor API that's different from the generic plugin API?
>
>         ~ Ross

Right.  I'm not sure how much of that tutorial would be applicable to
what you want to do, but at least some of it will be helpful.  You do
ultimately have to deal with the plugin API at some level.

The articles link I sent has some deeper articles on workbench
internals and the like.  Those should be good.  Aside from that, the
dev mailing lists and a good book on the subject is probably your best
bet.

-Bryan