Vonage and taxes.

David B bavibs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:24:31 MST 2006

I think the only tax voip providers have to charge is a 3% federal exise
tax.  But this is up for debate right now depending on the pricing
structure of the provider.
http://phone.ioerror.us/2005/12/court-rules-federal-excise-tax-on-cell-phones-illegal

Some voip providers charge a e911 recovery fee, but they are required to
pass all of that on.

So the average voip/Vonage tax should be around $1

Voip soon might have to pay into the Universal Service Fund, but for now
this is not required.