Vonage and taxes.

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Jan 13 07:17:56 MST 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 at 07:00 -0700, Walter Holladay wrote:
> Do you have to pay the same taxes with Vonage service that you do with a
> regular phone line? Currently my phone service is $23.45, but taxes are
> $6.58 and "Regulatory Surcharges and Fees" (read MORE taxes) are $8.82.
> This makes a grand total of $15.40... yikes!
>
> So I was wondering, can any of these fees be avoided by going with Vonage?

Yes, for now. But there's no doubt they'll at least try to tax VOIP in
the (near) future.

This reminds me, I was going to provide a detailed summary on how much
money I'm saving since I switched to standalone DSL and VOIP. I guess
I'll do that today and post a link when I do.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach