Geek Dinner this Tuesday Night

Jordan Gunderson jordy at gundy.org
Thu Jan 12 19:54:14 MST 2006

**January Geek Dinner**

DevUtah's next Geek Dinner will be held at 6:00 this Tuesday night (Jan
17) at the Miller Business Innovation Center on the Salt Lake Community
College campus (9690 South 300 West, Sandy).

We'll have two short educational presentations by accomplished attorneys
who will discuss legal topics for geeks.  Nathan Nelson will talk about
legal aspects of selling your software concepts, starting your own
software development company (code shop), or becoming an independent
developer.  David McKenzie will discuss popular myths about software
patents and copyright ownership relating to contractors.

We will also have a brief mini-presentation by Dave Turnbull from
SoftwareFor.org, who will talk about some of the successes and failures
of the last release of “Software for Starving Students”, which had over
25,000 downloads in just a few days.

The event will be catered by Panache Catering.  Each attendee is
required to contribute $7 to help cover the costs.  Attendees are
strongly encouraged to prepay burnsadria at hotmail.com via PayPal,
although cash and checks will also be accepted at the door.

Please RSVP here:
http://tinyurl.com/cgmv2