*** January PLUG meeting - ECLIPSE ***

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Thu Jan 12 18:35:23 MST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Bryan Sant wrote:
> On 1/12/06, Ross Werner <ross at agilestudios.com> wrote:
>> That's my goal. Any ideas where I could find a tutorial that talks about
>> building this sort of "completely new editor module"? Or perhaps an
>> open-source "editor module" that was written for a different task, but
>> which I could by looking at the code figure out the absolute basics on
>> where to start?
>
> 1) Download, uncompress, and run the latest stable Eclipse.
> 2) Click Help->Cheet Sheets...
> 3) Choose "Plugin Development"->"Create an Eclipse Plugin using PDE".
> 4) Follow the tutorial

Thanks for the pointers. Before I get too deep into this, however, I
haven't been able to figure out for certain if "Eclipse Plugin using PDE"
is the correct route to go for a "completely new editor module", or if
there's an editor API that's different from the generic plugin API?

 	~ Ross

p.s. if I find out the answer I'll let you all know.

p.p.s. has anyone seen this project?
http://eclim.sourceforge.net/