[OT] Typos

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Thu Jan 12 14:12:58 MST 2006

Josh Coates wrote:
> in a similar vein, i've found that learning a 3rd foreign language does
> strange things to your brain.
>
> for example, if know spanish, and you are learning cambodian, and you try to
> recall the word for food then your brain says "um, well it's not FOOD
> because that's english...lemme see, what's the foreign way to say food?
> COMIDA, that's right."
>
> when you are really trying to find the word MAHOPE.

I end up with a really interesting mix of English, German, Russian and
Portuguese at times.   Leaves some of my Germanic friends scratching
their heads, especially when a couple of Roosky and/or Brazilian words
are included within each conversation string.  I then find myself trying
to remember the verbage needed when they catch me on mixups.

I've already forgotten 2 other languages in my old age, so that
simplifies my language mixups somewhat. But come to think of it, I never
really could think to myself in those languages to begin with.

Mister Ed