*** January PLUG meeting - ECLIPSE ***

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:10:11 MST 2006

On 1/12/06, Ross Werner <ross at agilestudios.com> wrote:
> That's my goal. Any ideas where I could find a tutorial that talks about
> building this sort of "completely new editor module"? Or perhaps an
> open-source "editor module" that was written for a different task, but
> which I could by looking at the code figure out the absolute basics on
> where to start?
>         ~ Ross

1) Download, uncompress, and run the latest stable Eclipse.
2) Click Help->Cheet Sheets...
3) Choose "Plugin Development"->"Create an Eclipse Plugin using PDE".
4) Follow the tutorial

In addition you will want to read these articles:

If you want more detail there are numerous books on Eclipse plugin
development as well as a very active developer mailing lists.