[OT] Typos

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Thu Jan 12 14:06:33 MST 2006

Dennis wrote:

> I installed Thunderbird 1.5 and
> noticed that one of the new features is a spell check while you type.
> Pretty nice.

Yeah, KDE has as-you-type spellchecking across the board.  When I'm
using KMail (as now) I see mispelled words in red.  When I'm using
Konqueror and typing in a textarea it works too.  Pretty much any
application where you enter free-form text that would use natural
language (e.g., not a "first name" field or whatever) has built-in
spellchecking.  I assume it's a KPart that's available to developers.

In short, I don't care how the black magic works-- it's just really nice
to have consistent spellchecking (and personal dictionary) across all
of my applications.

FWIW,
Jeff

P.S. I know I misspelled "mispelled" above.  It was a joke. :)