[OT] Typos

Matthew Walker matt at thebraingarden.com
Thu Jan 12 13:28:15 MST 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 13:26, Sasha Pachev wrote:
>  >tome instead of tomb---
>  >I'd claim a stupid fat-fingered key-- but `e' and `b' are half way across
>  > the keyboard.
>
> Typos are an interesting subject. I found myself occasionally making very
> interesting typos - typing part of the word phonetically as if it had been
> said with a Russian accent. For example, replacing a "b" with a "p" in the
> middle of a word, or spelling "cat" as "cet".

Typos get even more interesting when you know how to touchtype on two
different keyboard layouts. I know Qwerty and Dvorak, and use them
interchangably unless I try and switch layouts at the same computer. My brain
has strongly associated each layout with the system I typically use it at,
and it's hard to switch. But I still typo sometimes by typing as if I was on
the other layout.

--
Matthew Walker
The Brain Garden, Inc
matt at thebraingarden.com
Work: (801) 655-1075
Home: (801) 491-2079
Page: (801) 283-9887 (Emergencies Only)

Random Quote:
<lisa> and whoever is putting enormous pressure on my temples, please
 stop.