*** January PLUG meeting - ECLIPSE ***

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Thu Jan 12 11:00:06 MST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> This is probably the reason we'll never see a mere plug-in for eclipse
> that adds a true vim mode. With eclipse, if you want to emulate vim,
> you'll need to build a completely new editor module that inherits all
> the code completion apis and also implements the full vim command set,
> rather than a keystroke layer on top of the original eclipse editor.

That's my goal. Any ideas where I could find a tutorial that talks about
building this sort of "completely new editor module"? Or perhaps an
open-source "editor module" that was written for a different task, but
which I could by looking at the code figure out the absolute basics on
where to start?

 	~ Ross