*** January PLUG meeting - ECLIPSE ***

Ross Werner ross at agilestudios.com
Thu Jan 12 07:44:08 MST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Grant Shipley wrote:
> On 1/11/06, Ross Werner <ross at agilestudios.com> wrote:
>> But again, I'm highly interested in writing a vi plugin for Eclipse if
>> someone can get me past the hurdle that is the Eclipse plugin API. Any
>> takers?
>
> Whats wrong with the one that has already been written?

(a) It costs money and you don't get the source [I'd like to write an OSS
plugin].

(b) It really kind of sucks. Only the most basic of vi commands are there.
With an open-source plugin it would be a lot easier for developers to add
the commands that they use to the plugin, rather than having to wait for a
single developer to have time.

 	~ Ross