experience exchange

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Tue Jan 10 21:27:33 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:05:03PM -0700, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 20:32 -0700, Barry Roberts wrote:
> > Yeah, well, VI pretty much sucks.  Sorry, but it had to be said.  VIM
> > is pretty good, though.
>
> I was tempted to flame you for the VI comment. But then I read the part
> about ViM.  Yeah.  ViM rocks.  In fact whenever I think of VI I really
> am thinking about ViM.  On my machine they VI classic doesn't exist.
> It's just a symlink to vim.

It WORKED!  I was hoping I would get somebody.

I still admin some solaris boxes where vi is really vi.  It's ok for
quick edits of config files, but I wouldn't want to use it as my
primary develpment environment.  I can understand why people use VIM
for that, even though my muscle memory is quite fluent in emacs.

Barry