*** January PLUG meeting - ECLIPSE ***

Ryan Bowman ryanlbowman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:33:04 MST 2006

On 12/29/05, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll be presenting at this months PLUG meeting on ECLIPSE.
>
> If you're an Emacs or vi/cscope biggot, please come and throw stones at me.
>
> Some Facts:
> * Eclipse competes with Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET
> * Eclipse uses the SWT widget library (which boils down to GTK+ on Linux)
> * SWT makes Java GUIs not suck.
> * You may wet yourself after you see what a modern IDE can do for you.
> * Eclipse 0wnZ u d00d
>
> Thanks,
> -Bryan

I'm trying to decide if I should come to this meeting:
I like to think I qualify as an Emacs bigot, which I use in
conjunction with eclipse at work.  I also like to think that I'm smart
enough to figure most of eclipse's usefull features out, but I haven't
taken a lot of time to do so, because I can already do most anything
with emacs.
Speaking generally, what will you be discussing that will be worth my
time and effort (and compete with Emacs - I promise I won't heckle or
throw stones) to go this meeting,  (not wanting to sound pretentious
or anything, just a serious question about how I'm going to spend my
evening tomorrow).