Check out his 2-User product....

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Tue Jan 10 15:44:12 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 03:23:10PM -0700, Andrew Jorgensen wrote:

> I saw a demo of something like this at Novell BrainShare (a Novell
> partner was demoing, not Novell itself).  My buddy and I looked at it
> and said, "I'll bet we could do that." and then confronted the guy
> about how easy it probably was for them to do.  He admitted you could
> cobble it together without any special software, but their stuff
> really did make it easier.  I have to admit, it really did make it
> easier.

It's actually a lot harder than it sounds.

The problem is that on Linux, each X server is attached to a virtual
terminal, and you can't have multiple VTs open at the same time and
attached to different displays.  The last time I checked (about 6 months
ago), there was a project or two with kernel patches to make it
possible, but I'm not sure where they're out now.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/