Gimp question

Jared Bellows plug at thebellows.info
Sun Jan 8 22:13:28 MST 2006

Does the original GIF have black in it? GIF images use I believe a palette
of 256 colors which varies from GIF to GIF. I think that GIMP will just try
to match the black to the closest color in the palette. Not sure though.
Someone with more knowledge of GIF might be able to answer this question
better.

Jared