Gimp question

Tyler Strickland tyler at tylers.org
Sun Jan 8 22:11:36 MST 2006

On 01/08/2006 09:41 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
> I have a GIF image I'd like to add text to. I open the image, I set up
> the text tool as I want it. This includes black for the foreground
> color. I go to the image, and click on a location, and start
> typing. The color of the text is only slightly darker than the
> original image color, and certainly is not black. What am I doing
> wrong?

There's a couple of possibilities:
1.  You didn't choose true black - RGB 0,0,0
2.  Your monitor is not displaying the colors correctly - you may need
to reduce its brightness.  You may want to look into color calibration
software if you want to be certain your monitor is displaying colors
accurately.

--Tyler