Linux and GPS

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Jan 6 18:37:48 MST 2006

I'm thinking about buying a GPS receiver and want to make sure that I
get something that will work well with Linux. It looks like there's an
official standard protocol that most GPS units implement, but I haven't
been able to figure out if this protocol applies to current location
information only, or if it can also be used to upload and download
waypoints.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@