Announcing Utah Gentoo (mailing list, website)

Steve Dibb steve at wonkabar.org
Fri Jan 6 12:21:43 MST 2006

Hi all,

I posted a message about a month or to ago to see if there was any
interest in setting up a Gentoo group mailing list for local Utah admins
and users, and actually got quite a positive response.  I've been pretty
busy since then with work, and so haven't had any time to work on it,
but things are ready to go now. :)

I've setup a website at http://utah-gentoo.org/ which is running
Geeklog, so anyone can post articles if they'd like.  I'll be posting
one soon, and hopefully get one up there myself at least every week or so.

Also, a mailing list is all ready to go, and you can subscribe here:

I suspect it will probably be low volume, since there doesn't seem to be
much Gentoo-related chat on the other LUG lists, but at least you can
post here without being flamed. :)

I know there are already a lot of local lists, and if this one *really*
bottoms out and no one posts, then I'll just pull it and stick with an
announce-list.  Either way, the Geeklog website and RDF feed will remain.

Hopefully though, we'll get enough participation that we can maybe have
a meeting every now and then, and even an installfest. :)

That's it for me -- if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, let me know.

Thanks

Steve

(Cross posted to SLLUG, UPHPU and PLUG)