Debian GPG error

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Wed Jan 4 15:34:06 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 01:56:29PM -0700, Chris Carey wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Jason Holt <jason at lunkwill.org> wrote:
> > I get this on 2 different debian machines when I try to apt-get
> > update; apt-get dist-upgrade.  What gives?
> >
> > W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release: The
> > following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key
> > is not available: NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5F
>
> apt-get install debian-keyring

You: "Hi. How can I know that I can trust you?"

Some guy: "That's easy. Just verify what I send you against Debian's
key."

You: "Okay, thanks. Please give me Debian's key."

Some guy: "Okay, buddy, here you go!"

:-/

Mike
                         Michael A. Halcrow

"To reject that part of the Buddha that attends to the analysis of
motorcycles is to miss the Buddha entirely."
 - Robert Pirsig