The Scriptures on Linux

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Jan 3 08:53:41 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 07:36 -0700, Jeff Nyman wrote:
> You can get PAF to work in Linux? I thouhgt that wouldn't work. Are you
> using WINE?
> PAF is the only reason my wife still has a Windows box. I would love to put
> Fedora on
> her machine.

Have you tried this guide the Andrew McNabb put together?

        http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/linux/paf/

It worked for me, at least to install PAF. And it runs OK but I had a
number of issues. It's been a while so I don't recall exactly what they
were but it made it difficult to use. In the end I was able to convince
my wife to use Gramps. The one concern she had was being able to trade
files with her mom, but in testing I discovered they both did an equally
poor job of importing GEDCOM files.

Corey