Alternative Editors (was Re: Debian vim weirdness)

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:40:34 MST 2006

On 2/26/06, Michael Halcrow <mike at halcrow.us> wrote:
> The first step in having a sane EMACS experience is to remap CAPS LOCK
> to CTRL.

I'm not entirely sure what you intend by that... does that lock CTRL?
Does it just put it that much closer to your pinky?  That's probably
it...

For me, if : didn't require SHIFT on the standard QWERTY keyboard
(yeah, I know I could remap it, but then I'd get confused whenever I
used someone elses keyboard) I'd be very happy.  Modifiers are bad.  I
can't believe I once thought a chordic keyboard would be "cool".