Debian vim weirdness

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Feb 24 22:42:55 MST 2006

Huh, I never knew this one existed. In the last year or so I've
gravitated toward vim in a terminal over gvim. In any case I've done
just fine with the vim-gtk or vim-ruby Debian packages for as long as I
can remember. I usually install vim-ruby (which includes gtk) with the
intent of eventually figuring out how to script vim with ruby. I have
yet to actually do this, or even to learn to script vim in any language
(aside from syntax files and colorschemes).

Come to think of it, I stopped using gvim about when they switched to
gtk2. There were some problems that I would hope have been resolved by
now. Plus about that time I got my iBook and gvim is not a first-class
osx app so I just stick with the terminal.