Netscape server and .nsconfig files

Richard K Miller richardkmiller at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:04:49 MST 2006

Hi.  I'm trying to move a set of web pages from an old Unix server
running Netscape HTTP server, but the pages have a really high
Pagerank in Google so we want to do a 301 redirect.  Unfortunately,
they are HTML files, so I can't send any HTTP codes from the pages
themselves.  Apparently Netscape server uses .nsconfig files (the
Apache equivalent of .htaccess) to store directory-specific
directives, but after much Googling I cannot find any info on doing a
redirect with a .nsconfig files.  Has anyone been through this before?

Richard