Solid DNS servers

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Fri Feb 24 09:58:03 MST 2006

Benjamin Schmuhl wrote:
> Marc Christensen wrote:
>
>>I set up my own DNS server and have it use the ISP's DNS servers only as
>>forwarders.
>

> Does anyone have a reference for a tutorial on setting up Bind DNS?  I'm
> looking to do the same thing as Marc here.

If you're using a Fedora/RH distribution, just install the
caching-nameserver package. Then, edit /etc/named.conf and add a forwarders
section to your named.conf options section:

options {
	forwarders {
		198.60.22.2;
		198.60.22.2;
	};
};

And then, change your /etc/resolv.conf to:

	nameserver 127.0.0.1

  "Guests are requested not to smoke or do other disgusting behaviours in
   bed."
     -- Tokyo hotel's rules and regulations