Solid DNS servers

Doran L. Barton fozz at
Fri Feb 24 09:58:03 MST 2006

Benjamin Schmuhl wrote:
> Marc Christensen wrote:
>>I set up my own DNS server and have it use the ISP's DNS servers only as
> Does anyone have a reference for a tutorial on setting up Bind DNS?  I'm
> looking to do the same thing as Marc here.

If you're using a Fedora/RH distribution, just install the
caching-nameserver package. Then, edit /etc/named.conf and add a forwarders
section to your named.conf options section:

options {
	forwarders {;;

And then, change your /etc/resolv.conf to:

fozz at is Doran L. Barton, president, Iodynamics LLC
  "Guests are requested not to smoke or do other disgusting behaviours in
     -- Tokyo hotel's rules and regulations