UVLUG presents Pete Ashdown on Open Source, politics and government *PLUS* an installfest!

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Wed Feb 22 15:31:05 MST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 01:49:02PM -0700, Kyle Waters wrote:
> This is what I love about conservatives.  People can protect themselves
> from poverty but not from porn.  So the government needs to raise my
> taxes to create ineffective filters(John Dougal is an idiot) so people
> can't harm themselves with porn, but government needs to stop giving
> money to poor people because people starving to death is not harful to
> society.

That's what I love about liberals.  If you don't agree with them they
immediately impugn your character.  It's inconceiveble that anyone
could possibly have a logical, prinicpled, compassionate reason for
a belief that (gasp!) doesn't agree with theirs.

BTW, I do agree that the government has no business filtering the
Internet.

Barry Roberts