UVLUG presents Pete Ashdown on Open Source, politics and government *PLUS* an installfest!

Roberto Mello rmello at fslc.usu.edu
Wed Feb 22 09:20:41 MST 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:58:24AM -0700, Richard K Miller wrote:
> I was going to vote for Urquhart too before he dropped out of the
> race.  I went to the Saturday meeting with Pete and was really
> impressed.  I wonder if he's conservative enough to be elected in
> Utah, but I think he's a good guy with guy ideas. (I took notes on my
> blog: http://www.richardkmiller.com/blog/archives/2006/02/pete-
> ashdown-campaigning-for-us-senate)

In your blog you say:

"Pete faces an uphill battle in conservative Utah, and I’m not yet sure if
he's conservative enough for me. (I like his positions on technology,
science, education, and alternative fuel sources, but I need to learn
about a few more issues.)"

In all honesty, I don't understand the distinctions between conservatives
and liberals that self-professed conservatives and liberals label each
other with. Every time I've tried to look at them, they seem to be
artificially placed by the opposing side.

So, I ask, what makes a person "conservative enough" for you?

-Roberto

--
My inferiority complexes aren't as good as yours.