rackmount hardware question

Gregory Hill Gregory_Hill at tni.com
Tue Feb 21 11:45:36 MST 2006

Ok, not exactly linux-related, but I am hopeful that someone on the list
will know.  I am planning on building a 1U rackmount server with
commodity-level parts.  I found a case/motherboard combo that works for
my needs.  It has an nforce 4 motherboard, so I can use any athlon 64
processor.  The question is, will a stock cpu heatsink/fan fit in a 1U
case?  Or do I need to look for a specialized one?  Knowing the size of
the heatsinks on the athlon 64 processors, I would guess that it will
not fit, but I'd like to know if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks,
Greg