Cheap and fast certs.

Jason Holt jason at
Sun Feb 19 22:31:22 MST 2006

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 20:23 -0700, Derek Carter wrote:
>> if all you want is encription then why not roll your own CA?
> That works for most of my stuff but this requires it to work without any
> pop up boxes asking to check out the cert.

Yeah, that's the important distinction.  Users should be suspicious of any
site for which their browser pops up cert-related dialogs.  If you can get a
cert that doesn't raise flags on the popular browsers, very few people will
complain.  (Oh, and don't go redirecting from to for the checkout page...)