Cheap and fast certs.

Derek Carter goozbach at gurulabs.com
Sun Feb 19 20:23:34 MST 2006

Carl Youngblood wrote:
> You get what you pay for.  If all you want is encryption, Godaddy certs are
> fine.  But if you look at the fact that even their most expensive cert only
> comes with $1000 of insurance, while instantssl.com and verisign certs come
> with $1,000,000, you can see the difference.  Granted you'll probably never
> use the insurance, but customer confidence is an important issue.  If I were
> running a business that used SSL I would use instantssl for that reason
> alone.  I think their price/value ratio is the best out there.

if all you want is encription then why not roll your own CA?
http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/m2/howto.ca.html

or google for "create your own CA"

from the emails eariler in this thread it seems that what everybody
wants is a trusted cert on the cheap, which, from my experiance (and
depending on your definition of cheap) are mutually exclusive options.

--
-----
Derek Carter <goozbach at gurulabs.com>