A departement moving to Linux...

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Feb 17 15:22:34 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 15:07 -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> And the latest version of NLD looks like it's going to be *sweet*.
> We've all seen the insane videos:
>
> http://www.linuxedge.org/?q=node/58

That has yet to be seen. In the past, Gnome was just ignored by SUSE. I
would not be surprised if I were told that a single engineer downloaded
and built Gnome a couple days before release. Thankfully, things started
to change when Novell bought SUSE, thereby combining Ximian and SUSE.
The problem with Gnome on recent SUSE release was that Novell ignored
the basics (good defaults, well integrated software, non-broken
software, non-crashy software) while focusing on differentiators like
Mono and Beagle.

> D'oh! Is it *sweet*. or *sweet.* ?  Stuart, please advise!

*sweet*?

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@