A departement moving to Linux...

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:17:01 MST 2006

On 2/17/06, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> And the latest version of NLD looks like it's going to be *sweet*.
> We've all seen the insane videos:
>
> http://www.linuxedge.org/?q=node/58
>
> I'm sure NDL is the proving ground for the "latest and greatest."  I
> would expect SLES to look a lot like NDL (including a very polished
> GNOME) in a version or two.  But what do I know?

Dude, that is sweet.  I'd never seen that.  I thought all the new Xorg
+ GL coolness was going to be in KDE 4 on not in Gnome.  Now I know
better.  Oh SUSE, I love you now!

I noticed:
* True alpha blended drop shadows
* True window transperancy
* Translucent metacity theme
* 3D stuff flying around

If I had that now, I know my productivity would dive (because I would
be playing with the visual effects), but I would be hap-hap-happy.

It's *sweet*.  (punctuation on the outside.) <---- AHHHHH!!! :-)