A departement moving to Linux...

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Feb 17 12:07:04 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 11:09 -0700, Bryan Sant wrote:
> 3) I'm one of the biggest Linux proponents here, but I still find it
> unsettling that we are FORCING the engineers here to run Linux even if
> they don't want to.  Some (a surprising minority) would rather run
> Windows because that's what they are most effective with.  Frankly I
> agree that they should have a choice.  Am I a freak for not stoning
> those who don't want to run Linux?

Yes, you are a freak Bryan, but not for this reason. ;-)

I support forcing people to use Linux is a corporate environment. It's
time all those Windows-weenies got a taste of their own medicine.

Sound like it's a pretty flexible policy if you're able to install
Breezy on your own. Let the Windows people do the same. If that means
them buying their own Windows license, all the better. ;-) If your
department has software that depends on Linux, no biggy. There are
plenty of Linux users surviving with VMWare. Should work just as well
for Windows guys.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com
* ^From:.*sjansen@