Cheap and fast certs.

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Thu Feb 16 07:15:24 MST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 10:47:44PM -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Michael Halcrow wrote:
> >On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 10:07:31PM -0700, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> >>I thought I read about cheap, fast certs
> >
> >I'll sell you a cheap, fast cert for only $10.
>
> Well, here is the other thing... It has to be picked up by more then
> 0% of the browsers out there.  :(

It will work fine with most of the browsers. Just include instructions
to the users to click ``Yes'' or ``Accept'' when they are prompted
about the cert. That will work fine for the unquestioning vast
majority of the Internet populace.

Even without the instructions, I would bet that most will just click
the option to trust the cert anyway.

Mike
"Oop.  Ack.  Phbbbbbbbbbt."
 - Bill the Cat