UVLUG presents Pete Ashdown on Open Source, politics and government *PLUS* an installfest!

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Feb 14 15:40:03 MST 2006

Kyle Waters wrote:
> So I know it's standard Utah Valley belief that you will go straight to
> hell if you vote for a democrat, what about if you just talk to him and
> shake his hand :)

The thing to keep in mind is that Pete is a Utah democrat. He might even
  be considered crazy by east/west coast democrats for considering
himself a member of the same party.

If you're concerned that Orrin Hatch has been in office for the last 30
years, concerned he votes with absolutely no knowledge on technology
issues or concerned his votes seem completely beholden to the interests
of the entertainment industry and ignorant of the original intent of
copyright... give Pete a listen.

  "Pray to God for Mercy"
     -- Japanese horoscope on a lunchbox