Dual monitor advice needed

Derek Davis derek.davis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 11:11:34 MST 2006

First, in terms of monitors, I use dual Viewsonic G90fs, which run up
to 1920x1440, though best at 1600x1200.  They are $225 at ebc.  EBC
also has a couple video cards with DVI out, each for about $60 (you
could probably find cheaper elsewhere.).

In terms of the setup, it was a long time ago that I set it up in
linux, so I won't be able to help with config.  However, one thing you
will probably need to do is set your bios to use AGP instead of
onboard video, if you are currently using onboard and will be using
agp.  Then, Ubuntu shouldn't even realize that you have onboard video.

Hope that helps.

Derek