ssh connections being dropped

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at
Sun Feb 12 00:39:22 MST 2006

Corey Edwards wrote:
> Have you tried ServerAliveInterval in .ssh/config? This type of behavior
> really just screams of a firewall.

Since I'm not having problems everywhere I connect, I opted to change
the corresponding value in the sshd_config, ClientAliveInterval.  That
*seems* to have worked.  Thanks for the pointer.  I've never had that
happen before and wasn't sure if it was ssh specific or not.  It's fun
picking up something new from the list :)

Now, the problem is that Saturday is gone and my work didn't get done.
I don't suppose anyone knows how to fix that?

Thanks all,