no-www

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sat Feb 11 22:45:35 MST 2006

Ross Werner wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
>
>>> (You have to admit that ending the last two sentences "dot com." or
>>> "dub." would have just looked stupid.)
>>

>> I heartily agree.  I cannot stand to have the period inside the
>> quotes, unless the period is part of the quote.
>

> Apart from being standard in Europe, it's also quite common among
> computer geeks:
>
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/writing-style.html

Ok, ok... I was going to complain about this unmarked offtopic thread,
but then you pointed out that not everyone in the world has broken
punctuation standards.  Now I can put periods outside parentheses and
quotes, and when people complain, I'll say I'm adopting international
standards.  Woohoo! ;-)

Shane