no-www

Justin Findlay jfindlay at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 16:25:27 MST 2006

On 2/11/06, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> Why should anyone assume what the host name is that serves a web site?

Because do you even know how much of a chore it is to say "If you need
to contact me, my web site is <breath, brief supplication heavenward
for correct elocution> double-U double-U double-U dot mydomain dot
US".  (Outside for Stuart's sake.  (Inside here because the
parentheses enclose the entire sentence.))  Besides, these days our
Roman alphabet 'W's don't look like double 'U's, so while we're
agreeing on the advocation and dissemination of new and good
communication conventions, I hereby declare that 'W' shall no longer
be known as double-U.  The new pronunciation is now double-V.  So let
it be written.

Justin