no-www

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Sat Feb 11 15:39:07 MST 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 03:13:29PM -0700, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> I couldn't agree more. I am fine with one reserved for the
> government, but country-specific tlds on the _world-wide_ web and
> companies having to purchase the .net, org, .ca, uk, etc, version of
> their domain is stupid.

That's actually having an impact on naming decisions for new
products. For instance, the drug Tysabri received its name largely
because it was an available domain name in all the major developed
countries at the time that Biogen was trying to figure out what to
call it.

Mike
God is real, unless declared integer.