no-www

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat Feb 11 15:22:53 MST 2006

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
>> We should also consider doing away with the TLDs.  You can't argue
>> with the fact that the majority of them are dot-coms anyway.  I would
>> like very much for people to find my website by just typing "GUNDY".
>
> I couldn't agree more. I am fine with one reserved for the government,
> but country-specific tlds on the _world-wide_ web and companies having
> to purchase the .net, org, .ca, uk, etc, version of their domain is stupid.

Well, I was kidding. :)

I don't want to see them multiply like crazy ether.  It seems that if a
company is big enough to care about business in France they can drop the
8 bucks a year to secure it.

It's a different topic but SRV records are really a slick deal that fit
somewhere in this whole mess:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record

I would like to see those in wide usage.  As far as I can tell the only
place they are used very much is inside a MS AD domain.  :(