smtp & postfix

Andy Bradford amb-plug at bradfords.org
Fri Feb 10 17:48:31 MST 2006

Thus said Dennis on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:12:30 MST:

> All you postfix experts...

This isn't postfix specific in my opinion.

> I set the "Return-Path" and "Errors-To" header in my outgoing email.

Neither  of these  headers really  have anything  to do  with where  the
bounce goes.

> has been removed. The email is  delivered to the Sender ( from address
> ) and not to the address listed in Return-Path and Errors-To.

That is because the Envelope From is being set to match the From address
by your email client. This is how email works.

> Am I missing something here? How hard  should it be to get an email to
> bounce to a specific address?

The Envelope  From address is where  bounces are sent to.  Make sure you
set the Envelope From correctly and bounces will show up there.

Andy
  5:48pm  up 77 days,  7:16,  1 user,  load average: 0.06, 0.04, 0.00